Below are a variety of resources selected in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) to support Underserved Grantees in their work. The resources on this page are not exhaustive, and if you need additional information and you do not find it here, please contact the ALSO Underserved TA Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grantee Orientation Materials
- OVW Grant Administration Resources
- Data Retention and Confidentiality
- Sexual Assault
- Male Survivors
- Working with Criminal Justice System
- Natural Disasters
- Religious Minorities
- Culturally Specific
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- People with Disabilities
- Training Tools and Resources
- Organizational Structure and Sustainability
NSVRC Online Learning Campus: NSVRC offers free courses and certificates covering a wide range of topics
OVW TA Providers
As the Comprehensive Technical Assistance Provider for OVW’s Grants for Outreach and Services to Underserved Populations (Underserved grant), ALSO can provide direct technical assistance as well as help connect Underserved grantees to other technical assistance providers for specific expertise, including:
- Casa de Esperanza: a national resource center for organizations working with Latin@s experiencing domestic violence in the United States.
- National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life (NCALL): a technical assistance provider on issues related to elder abuse and abuse in later life.
- National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center (NIWRC): a Native nonprofit organization that was created specifically to serve as the National Indian Resource Center (NIRC) Addressing Domestic Violence and Safety for Indian Women.
- National Organization of Asians and Pacific Islanders Ending Sexual Violence (NAPIESV): NAPIESV provides technical assistance and support to local/community-based programs and governmental organizations in enhancing their services to victims of sexual violence from the Asian and Pacific Islander communities nationally and in the U.S. territories.
- Resource Sharing Project (RSP): a technical assistance and training provider on issues related to sexual assault programming and organizational capacity building and sustainability.
- The Asian Pacific Institute on Gender-Based Violence (API-GBV): a national resource center on domestic violence, sexual violence, trafficking, and other forms of gender-based violence in Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
- Vera Institute of Justice’s Victimization and Safety Center: a technical assistance provider on issues related to people with disabilities and Deaf individuals, including how to plan for an accessible event.
- Women of Color Network (WOCN): The Women of Color Network, Inc. (WOCN)is a national grassroots initiative dedicated to building the capacity of women of color advocates and activists responding to violence against women in communities of color.
The development and maintenance of the Underserved Tools and Resources page is supported by Grant No. 2016-TA-AX-K034 awarded by the U.S. Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed here are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women.