We offer a variety of tools designed to support STOP Grant recipients in their work. Some are intended primarily for State and Territory government administering agencies of the STOP Grant program. Other items are also applicable to local and statewide programs that address domestic and dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking. Resources include written materials, webinar and conference call recordings; and videos offered by both the STAAR Project and our partners.
Technical Assistant Requests
If you have questions or would like additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
STAAR Project Tools and Publications
- COVID-19 Resources for the STOP Formula Grant Program
- New Administrators Welcome Page: If you recently began administering the STOP Formula Grant, we look forward to working with you! This page is tailored to help you get up to speed in your new role administering funds to improve outcomes for victims of violence and hold perpetrators accountable.
- STAAR Project Newsletters and TA Provider Announcements
- Webinars: The STAAR Project offers a variety of webinars to assist STOP Administrators in gaining new substantive knowledge, learning about best practices, and incorporating these into STOP planning and implementation.
- Handbook for STOP Administrators: The Handbook for STOP Administrators is designed to provide guidance to State and U.S. Territorial recipients of the STOP Formula Grants Program funds. Authored by the ALSO STAAR TA Project in close collaboration with the Office on Violence Against Women and STOP administrators, the Handbook offers information on the Violence Against Women Act, administration and management of STOP funds, and collaboration.
- Implementation Planning Resources: STOP Grant implementation planning is a year-round activity. This page provides resources to assist you in creating an inclusive and thorough planning process that will result in effective administration of STOP Grants in your state.
- STOP In Action Success Stories and Films: STOP funds are responsible for many successes across the country with respect to keeping victims of violence safe. We've captured stories of survivors of violence and the professionals who kept them safe for every U.S. state and territory--take a look!
- Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Tip Sheet: Learn more about how the Prison Rape Elimination Act affects administration of STOP Grants.
- Past Stop Administrators Meetings: STOP Administrator Meetings are 2-day meetings of the State and U.S. Territory recipients of STOP (Services, Training, Officers and Prosecutors) Formula Grant funds. The meeting is designed to enhance the ability of STOP administrators to perform their work. It alternates annually between a meeting with just STOP Administrators and a joint meeting that includes STOP Administrators and directors of state and territory directors of domestic violence and sexual assault coalitions. This strategy increases efficiency by enhancing collaborative and cooperative working relationships among administrators and coalition directors.
- Compliance with Federal Guidelines Webinars: Find information about how to administer STOP Grants in your state/territory while remaining in compliance with federal guidelines by listening to these webinars. The webinars include information from the Office on Violence against Women, the Grants Financial Management Division, Grants Management Services, the Office on Civil Rights, and the Office of the Inspector General.
- Administrators' Corner Newsletter Archive: The Administrators’ Corner, written specifically for STOP Formula Grant administrators and recipients of STOP Grants, aims to provide content in each issue that you will find useful to your work including:
Examples of innovative ideas that administrators have implemented related to the administration of STOP funds;
Promising practices for improving the criminal justice system response to sexual assault, stalking, and domestic violence;
Updates and information from the STOP Unit that will assist you in fulfilling STOP Grant Program requirements;
Information on critical and emerging issues, relevant legislation, and new regulations that may affect your work or the efforts of STOP subgrantees; and
Upcoming events that you or subgrantees may be interested in attending.
- Addressing Human Trafficking Within the STOP Formula Grant Program: Technical Assistance Issue Brief for STOP Administrators and Subgrantees
- Information from the Office on Violence Against Women (OVW)
- Resources for Working With Girls, DV, and the Criminal Justice System