ALSO, in partnership with the Greater Chicago Legal Clinic, offers free legal services!
- An attorney works in partnership with ALSO providing expungement, sealing, and other legal services free of charge for community members, clients, and staff.
- Options for expungement and sealing of cannabis cases are available.
- With the federal eviction moratorium expiring July 30, 2021, ALSO now has information about tenant rights and referrals to rental assistance and legal advice on evictions.
For legal questions, referrals, or to speak to someone about expungement or sealing options, please call (773) 482-1086 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cannabis Expungement and Sealing
Rental Assistance and Eviction Prevention Information
Expungement or Sealing of a Criminal Record
A criminal record is created when a person is arrested or charged with an offense even if they were released without being charged or were found not guilty. These criminal records can be viewed by the public like potential employers, however, certain records can be expunged (erased) or sealed (hidden), and you may be eligible!
Assistance and consultation are also available on the following:
- Arrests, charges, and convictions
- Child support, custody, divorce, parentage, and visitation
- Landlord/tenant disputes and foreclosure
- Wills and trusts
**Please note that in light of the coronavirus outbreak, intakes will be conducted over the phone. Thank you for your patience and understanding.**