EXPUNGEMENT AND SEALING WORKSHOP
Provided by the Alliance of Local Service Organizations (ALSO)
Saturday, July 8
10:00 a.m. - 1:00 pm
@ the ALSO Offices - 2401 W. North Ave., Chicago
Please help us spread the word by sharing the flyer!
Please join us to:
● Learn if you qualify for expungement or sealing of criminal justice records, and expungement of juvenile records;
● Learn your rights about disclosing records on job applications and other forms;
● Work with volunteers to fill out court forms (including fee waiver requests);
● Learn about plans for a court form "Filing Day" with ALSO, and court accompaniment and representation.
What you need to bring with you to the July 8 workshop:
● Your Rap Sheet (see below for how to obtain it).
● A photo ID.
How to get your Rap Sheet:
● For adult records (Chicago cases), bring $16 to the Chicago Police Dept., Access & Review Dept., 3510 S. Michigan Ave., between 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. You will need to go back to pick up the Rap Sheet a week or two later.
● For juvenile records (Chicago cases), bring $16 to the Chicago Police Dept., Youth Division, 3510 S. Michigan Ave., ph. 312-745-6004, between 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. You will need to go back to pick up the Rap Sheet a week or two later.
● For suburban cases, go to the police agency where the arrest took place and request a Right to Access & Review. Fees for Rap Sheets are set by the local departments.
● For arrests outside of Chicago, contact the Illinois State Police for a more comprehensive report.
Please allow at least three (3) weeks for processing of the Rap Sheet by the CPD. It is a good idea to request Rap Sheets by June 30, at the latest, to make sure you will have yours for the workshop.
Please call (773) 235-5705, ext. 217 with any questions.