- Standards for OVW from the National PREA Resource Center
- FAQs regarding audit and compliance, screening, cross-gender supervision, inmate education and other topics
- FAQs regarding the Bureau of Justice Assistance Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grants (JAG) Program
The Resource Sharing Project has provided a list of resources to help STOP Administrators as they determine how to implement PREA within their states/territories:
- States’ and territories’ responses to the May 15, 2014 PREA deadline
- OVW PREA FAQ
- PREA Resource Center
- Just Detention International
- December 2013 RSP SASP Administrators E-Newsletter on PREA (this includes resources from several state coalitions)
- 2011 RSP SASP Administrators E-Newsletter on PREA
- RSP 2006 newsletter on PREA
Working with transgender survivors of sexual abuse in detention - Forge Webinar: The National Prison Rape Elimination Act standards create exciting new opportunities for providing effective services to currently incarcreated transgender survivors of sexual abuse. All available data indicates that transgender people in detention – particularly transgender women – are exceptionally vulnerable to sexual abuse. Learn about the latest research, conditions that contribute to this vulnerability, and steps you can take to meet these survivors’ needs and advocate for their safety.
OVW Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about PREA: OVW Calls to Discuss the Revised STOP FAQs OVW convened two conference calls to review specific changes due to the Reauthorization of VAWA 2013.You can find the February 13, 2014 call recording here or by copying this link into your browser:http://vimeo.com/86659005. The call recording for the call on February 18, 2014 is available here. You can also find OVW's STOP PREA Reallocation Fact Sheet here.